Providing low-cost, high-quality immigration related legal services.
Legal costs can exceed $5,000+ per filing with a private law firm. IASC ensures equal treatment under the law for local residents, regardless of financial status.
Our Senior Paralegal, Angela Florez, periodically presents on Pathways to Citizenship for immigrant groups at educational institutions and places of worship. These presentations explain the requirements and documents necessary to progress to citizenship. Please contact the office to schedule a presentation.
If you have an immigration issue or question, IASC can provide you with answers during a visit with our lawyer that will last however long is required. The initial cosultation is $25. Please contact us to make an appointment.
Periodically, IASC offers free consultations through clinics offered at New London Adult Education, Norwich Adult Education, UCFS locations, Community Health Center, and New London and Otis public libraries. These consultations last 30 minutes and are provided free of charge through generous grant support from our sponsors.
IASC manages casework for filings listed here. Costs are on a sliding scale basis, so the lower your income, the less you pay. Because we need to confirm how your case should move forward, case management costs can only be discussed after your meeting with our lawyer. As part of your case management, our Attorney will fully prepare you for your interview and accompany you to USCIS in Hartford.
- Adjustment of Status Petitions I-130, I-130A, I-485, I-765, I-864;
- Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence I-751;
- Citizenship Applications and Certificates N-400, N-600;
- Green Card Applications, Renewals, Replacements I-90;
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Renewals I-821D; and NEW applications
- Temporary Protected Status (TPS) Renewals I-821; and NEW applications for Venezuelans
- Violence Against Women (VAWA) I-360;
- Time Waivers / Forgiveness I-601A;
- Work Permit Applications and Renewals I-765;
- U Visas I-918;
- Re-entry Permit / Advance Parole I-131, I-131AP
- Asylum and Deportation Cases
Immigration Law Background
Immigration has been in the news a lot lately, and it can be confusing to understand what it all means. Our Attorney and IASC Board members are happy to provide an introduction to immigration law at your next Rotary, Lion’s Club, P.E.O., or other civic organization.
IASC volunteers at local food pantries as well as adult education centers in New London and Norwich. Our team also provides volunteer services at the Otis Library in Norwich, and Safe Future, a domestic violence victim’s assistance organization.